Japanese women are some of the most desirable ladies not just in Asia, but also around the world. However, they are also famously selective about who they date. So even though many of them are interested in dating Western men, you still need to try your best to impress your future Japanese girlfriend. Here is how to make this relationship work and what Japanese girls expect from their romantic partners.
What kind of man does a Japanese woman want to date?
Winning over a Japanese girl is a complex process, and it starts with making sure you fit her idea of a perfect partner. It goes without saying that Japanese ladies are flexible and pay the most attention to the way someone makes them feel, not what he brings to the table. But they still have several qualities they want to see in a future boyfriend or husband:
- Modern. You need to have modern beliefs that are not offensive to anybody. For example, you shouldn’t believe that women shouldn’t work after having children — matters like this can only be decided by the husband and the wife together.
- Flexible. You’ve lived your life a certain way for all these years, and it’s perfectly normal. Still, you should be able to change some of its aspects to benefit your partner. For example, if you’re a homebody, you may start to travel if your girlfriend is an avid traveler.
- Reliable. Japanese women don’t pay a lot of attention to the appearance or income of their partners, but they will never be with someone unreliable. You need to always keep your word and find a way to fulfill your promises no matter what.
- Not married to work. One of the biggest reasons Japanese women are looking for foreign partners is that men in Japan work too much and don’t see it as a problem. A Japanese lad wants to be with someone who doesn’t just pay 100% of his attention to work.
- Willing to go the extra mile. Japanese girls don’t seriously consider men who are prepared to only do the bare minimum, whether at work or in a relationship. They are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to work extra hard and then reap even more benefits.
Where to find a Japanese girlfriend
If you are attracted to Japanese women but live far away from Japan or have never even set foot in this magnificent country, there is no need to get desperate yet. Ever since online dating has become such a mainstay in our lives, people have been using it not only to find partners locally, but also to meet potential matches who live in other parts of the world.
So if you are an American dreaming about a Japanese girlfriend or even wife, all you need to do is find a reliable international dating site — for example, consider the selection on our website. There you will find thousands of Japanese brides for marriage and single Japanese women who are open to the idea of dating a foreigner. Your relationship will develop on your own terms, and you can only meet in person when you feel absolutely ready to do it.
How to hit it off with a Japanese woman online
Now that you know how to get a Japanese girlfriend when you’re a foreigner, you have another thing to take care of. A relationship that develops online has its own challenges, and you don’t have many of the non-verbal methods of attraction you have with regular dating. Here is how to get a Japanese girl to like you when you’ve met online.
- Let your profile speak for itself. Your profile should contain just the right amount of details to make the women instantly interested in your personality but still make them want to know more. It’s also important to add a couple of flattering photos so that they know exactly who they are talking to.
- Don’t use generic pickup lines. The most beautiful Japanese girls get dozens of messages from men every day. They have seen every popular pickup line in existence. So if you cannot think of anything particularly witty, simply write something genuine and don’t try to be overly funny.
- There shouldn’t be any mentions of other women. Even though Japanese girls are not exactly known for being very jealous, they still don’t want to know about other girls you may be communicating with.
- Make your communication gradually deeper. If you engage in small talk for months, you can end up being friendzoned forever. This is why your conversations should graduate to more serious topics.
- Talk about your family and friends, and ask about hers. There are few aspects of life that are as important to Japanese ladies as their social connections. They can talk about their friends and family for hours, and they will love to hear about yours.
- Discuss your vision of the future. When you are getting closer every day, it’s essential to be on the same page in terms of the future. There is no need to propose marriage right away, but definitely discuss what your life together can be like.
- Find the right time to meet in real life. When a Japanese woman tries online dating, she only does it to find a long-term partner or a husband. Don’t let your romance turn into a pen pal relationship: meet offline at the first convenient moment.
How to make a Japanese woman fall for you: 10 tips
You can find lots of guides on how to date Japanese women online. However, many of them focus on the relationship stage when you are already steadily going out. But when you are just getting to know each other, different rules and advice may apply. Here is how to make sure the start of your relationship is smooth and successful.
- Try different date ideas to see what she likes. Japanese ladies are not created equal, which means they have different expectations when it comes to dates. Some will be perfectly fine with a quiet date at home consisting of Netflix and pizza, while others expect you to spend more effort preparing for the date. You can ask your woman directly what she’d like to do or try different ideas to see what works best.
- Don’t just go for the most expensive gift. A gift is a foolproof way to make your girlfriend’s day special and improve your relationship at any romance stage. However, the choice of a gift matters a lot. Something expensive, such as jewelry or a gadget, can sometimes be less welcome than a custom mug you made especially for her.
- Impress her with your knowledge of her culture. All Japanese women have a special relationship with their own culture and language, and they feel extremely proud when someone they like makes an effort to get to know it better. Even learning a couple of phrases in Japanese and doing some reading about Japanese culture to be able to support a conversation can already go a long way.
- Don’t fetishize her ethnicity. Respecting your woman’s cultural background is one thing, but when you don’t notice anything other than her ethnicity, it can look weird and downright creepy. In other words, your girlfriend shouldn’t even for one second get the idea that you are only dating her because of her nationality or appearance.
- Remember everything she tells you. Japanese women are excellent storytellers, and if you just listen, you can find out a lot about their personality, family, and the way they lived before meeting you. However, it’s very important to them that you actually pay attention to everything they are saying and can remember it even after some time passes.
- Celebrate every little anniversary. Women in Japan are big believers in romantic symbolism and in appreciating every moment as a couple. This is why they like to celebrate even the tiniest anniversaries, such as the anniversary of your first date, first kiss, and so on. Being proactive and suggesting your own special holidays will win you some bonus points.
- Volunteer to meet her loved ones. In Japanese dating culture, officially meeting the parents typically only happens when marriage is on the horizon. So before that happens, nothing’s stopping you from getting to know other members of her social circle: most importantly, her friends and siblings. Their opinion matters a lot to your girlfriend, so try your best to charm them.
- Assure her that you’re serious about the future. Japanese girls rarely date just for fun. When they are romantically involved with someone, it’s usually because they see a future with that person. So if you want a Japanese woman to fully trust you, you should let her know that you also see a future with her and are not just wasting her time.
- Focus on the things you have in common. In a relationship between two foreigners, it’s elementary to focus on the many difficulties in your upbringing, culture, and worldview. Still, it’s much better for your relationship to focus on everything you have in common. That way, you’ll strengthen your connection day by day.
- Romantic surprises are significant. Japanese women have a reputation for being rather pragmatic and practical, and they definitely are to some extent. At the same time, they also enjoy the romantic aspect of life. A Japanese girlfriend will love you even more if you surprise her with romantic gestures from time to time.
Getting a Japanese girlfriend may be one of the most exciting things that ever happen to you, but it’s also something you shouldn’t take lightly. Japanese women won’t date just anyone — they want to see you try and impress them. Hopefully, our tips will help you have the best relationship you could ever dream of that can even possibly turn into a beautiful marriage.